It is spotted right now on the cluster. They are working cw on 20 and 40
meters and ft-8 on 14.074.
73 de Earl, K4KAY

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of ab2tc
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 4:07 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] OT: 3Y0Z Bouvet Island DXoedition

Hi Elecraft community,

This is of course OT but relevant information to all K3 owners who are
chasing DX.

They are well underway on their ship closing in on South Georgia Island. You
can trace the ship's course here:

https://share.garmin.com/bouvet

It takes a while to update, but it will. I find it humorous that their
elevation reported appears to change randomly between 100' under water to
more than 100' above. Their main web site is quite impressive but not very
up to date and is not interactive, here:

http://www.bouvetdx.org/

All the action seems to be on Facebook. On their web site there is a link to
their Facebook group in the upper right corner. You can browse all the
content without having a Facebook account. There are a number of nice
videos, mostly from their ship's departure from Punta Arenas. The ship looks
super modern with a ultra modern and high tech bridge.

Again, I apologize to those who are annoyed by OT postings, but this is
after all the DX expedition of this century (likely the most costly in
history) and I have been surprised about how low profile it has had on the
Internet. They are qrv /MM (but their activity seems to mostly CW on 40m. I
have yet to see a spot on the cluster. BTW, Bouvet Island is a Norwegian
possession (undisputed as far as I know) and the crew has two veteran
members, Erling and Just.

AB2TC - Knut

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/