From: "iain macdonnell - N6ML" <a...@dseven.org>
To: "Bill DeVore" <maxr...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 5:16:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3S and Winkeyer

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 5:52 PM, Bill DeVore <maxr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I’d like to start contesting and plan on using N1MM with my K3S. Is there any
> advantage on adding a Winkeyer to the mix?

Without it (or some other type of interface), you'd have to use the
RTS/DTR lines on the rig-control COM-port for keying. This works fine
for some, but others have issues with timing (it's dependent on
Windows and the COM port operating smoothly). The WinKeyer is very
well regarded amongst contesters, and will generally provide the most
dependable operation.

73,

~iain / N6ML

Message delivered to donov...@starpower.net