The contest mode of RUMlogNG (for the Mac) can use the CAT interface to send CW. I used it during the ARRL DX contest and a number of other contests over the last couple of years, and it worked well. It seems to me that the CAT interface is a more reliable way of sending CW than toggling DTR. RUMlogNG also has a setup preference for both microHam and winkeyer, as well as CAT. Given that CAT works well, I've never tried the others.

73 Bill AE6JV