Here is a copy of what I sent to the KX3 list less than 12 hours ago. I guess
this is a frequently asked question. The original is here:

You will need external audio amplification, either amplified speakers or a
separate amp. The KX3 phones output is 100 mW, not enough to drive speakers.

Wayne (Elecraft) likes the Chill Pills. I tried them and wasn’t fired up, but
try them, they are cheap ($7).

https://www.amazon.com/Chill-Pill-Mobile-Speakers-CHI1125/dp/B001K33QSO

I used a $10 amp and some simple Pyle speakers. I wrote up the whole thing on
my blog. Works for me.

https://observer.wunderwood.org/2017/03/04/speakers-for-my-elecraft-kx3/

I’d also check out recommendations for amplified computer speakers from The
Wirecutter.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-computer-speakers/

wunder
K6WRU