Thanks Don,

According to the K3 Utility, all four filters are enabled for Sub RX for
CW, USB and LSB modes.
However, I still can only receive on FL2/3.  When FL1 or 4 are selected,
the Sub RX S-Meter goes to zero and there is no receive on any mode.
By now I am quite familiar with the BSET button ;)

73 de K1AY

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Don Wilhelm <>

> Chris,
> Which filters are enabled for what modes?  You can check with K3 Utility.
> It would simplify things a bit if you moved the SUB RX filter by one slot
> (leaving FL1 empty).
> Then change the filter configuration to match using either K3 Utility or
> by hand in the menu.
> The thing that is really important is that you enable the filters for the
> intended modes.
> The display of FL1-FL5 normally refers to the main RX.  Use BSET to
> display the filter for the subRX.
> 73,
> Don W3FPR
> On 3/13/2018 11:08 AM, Chris Hallinan wrote:
>> Hmmm.
>> Just made a new discovery.
>> I can get the Sub RX to work on FL2 and FL3, but not FL1 nor FL4.
>> Here is my filter configuration:
>> FILTER   Main RX   SUB RX
>> FL1       13KHz    2.7KHz
>> FL2       2.7      1.8
>> FL3       1.8      500Hz
>> FL4       500Hz    250
>> FL5       250Hz
>> First of, shouldn't these match for proper diversity receive?  ie same
>> filter bw in corresponding slots?
>> Second, the SubRX *WORKS* again on 20m with FL2 or FL3 selected, but not
>> FL1 nor FL4.

Life is like Linux - it never stands still.
Elecraft mailing list

This list hosted by:
Please help support this email list:
Message delivered to