I re-named the thread as a courtesy to the members who don't want to read this.

We're getting caught in a mathematical war between the linear and logarithmic
worlds.

± 20% in Watts, is about ± 1 dB in log. 1 dB accuracy is plenty good enough for
us, folks. Especially given that any impedance mismatch is a source of error
that we typically can't eliminate.

In addition, I have found that Bird is very conservative and typically beats
this spec by a lot. And by the way, I thought the Bird spec was 5% of full
scale. Where did 20% come from?

Don't all rush out to sell your Birds. They're perfectly fine.

Al  W6LX