Group good evening. I have a certain style of operation and a question
about the KPA1500 I would like to ask in the group. My normal operation is
the K3S into a Palstar HF Auto that tunes several antennas on my property.
I have had a lot of amplifiers in the past, from solid state to tube amps.
Currently I'm running a OMpower 2000+ amplifier. My normal process is that
I have 2 memories set on the K-pod, one is that it puts the radio into tune
mode at 8 watts out. This 8w output tunes the HF auto with low power until
it gets a good match which is very quick. During this 8w tune I have the
amplifier in stand-by mode, and all set to tune it next. After the 8w tune,
I have the same button set up to "HOLD" the button for a 30w tune in which
then I tune the amplifier which is pretty much ready to go off of a list
that I compiled, just basically a touch up is all that is needed. The radio
stays at 30w after that tune and I'm ready to go... My question is this. Is
there an option with the KPA1500 that I don't have to reach over and keep
hitting stand-by on the amplifier every time I need to touch up the
HF-Auto, can I set up a K-pod button to do this, or a button on the K3S? So
basically does the K3S talk to the buttons on the KPA1500 so that I could
create a stand-by button on the K-pod...I'm right on the fence on a
purchase and this feature would really be of importance to me...

Jay KB8O