Schraeder was the text for my Communications class in tech school in the
early 80s.
One requirement to pass the course was to earn the FCC General Class
Radiotelephone license. I believe nearly everyone in the class did. It also
made it pretty easy to upgrade my ham ticket from Novice to Advanced during
that time.
I still have my copy and still refer to it from time to time. The
fundamentals never change.