Even a perfectionist can screw up now and then, right?

I installed P1, a 20 pin male, right angle pin connector, to the RF board, on
the FRONT side, when the instructions clearly state
“Position 20-pin male right-angle connector P1 on the bottom of the board.” Ok,
I can deal with the whoop-see, just
DE solder, pull it out, and install a new right-angle connector. O’boy, DE
solder trick didn’t go so well, P1 ended up in pieces.

No problem, I have other right-angle pin connectors, just use them! But, after
installing, the replacements are about 1/16” shorter
in length, and don’t go into J1 as far. Hello Huston, NOW we have a problem!
The front panel is NOT getting any power!

I need a new P1, part # E620029. Other than that, the build is going great! Do
I need to send an email to Elecraft parts department?

Comments are appreciated! Be kind, please, Thanks!

Don, KE0PVQ  (thinking about a vanity call sign, suggestions?)