Vic Rosenthal wrote:

What would this sound like? I've always wanted to try some kind of crossover device that would distribute the signal between the two earphones according to frequency. Then as I tune through a CW signal, it would seem to move. Is this the same idea?

Several ways to skin this cat Vic, but yes the signal seems to move. Bit like being in a room at a party with people, or you, moving around as you tune. When you stop tuning everybody stops moving, some on one side of you others on the other side. It is possible to sort out those in front and those behind - the almost zero beat guys- but this is best done in other circuitry. Combine this with the brain's ability to zero in on a particular conversation (The 'cocktail party effect') and life will never be the same.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

PS Strong receiver design information is almost ready for you.