-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of N2TK, Tony
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:40 AM
To: 'Larry Phipps'; 'Tom Althoff'
Cc: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] New Elecraft Products

Hi Larry,

Maybe they will need to do something like they are doing with the new amps -
kit or assembled? And critical boards already stuffed and checked out.

I built a K2 because that is the only way it comes. I bought it for the
performance and the size. I enjoy putting kits together and I feel I do a
good job at it. But I would rather be operating than soldering, especially
if the price differential isn't great - an example is the KPA1500. For an
additional 7% I get an amp assembled and checked out.

I agree that some contesters and Dxers would rather buy it assembled and
tested. And some will continue to like to build it. To me both are good
choices to have for all of us.

And while I am at it, here is my list of things I would like to see in a new
rig. These are the minimum things I would want over a K2 in a K3:
- Fast, quiet QSK
- Dual receive - The ability to listen in stereo so when running split you
can listen in one ear on the transmit freq and at the same time listen in
the other ear to the receive frequency.
- 6-160M - maybe even 2M?
- Push button "clear" switch for RIT and XIT.
- Better close in (2KHZ) dynamic range performance.
- Switchable front end filters

73,
N2TK, Tony