Andy and all,

The KAT500 and KAT1500 tuner band segments are divided into frequency band segments - 25kHz wide on the lower bands and 50kHz wide on the upper bands if I recall correctly, so an 8kHz shift will not be significant unless the frequency shift moves the tuning into the adjacent segment.

There is also a limit to how far the firmware will go to reducing SWR. In the interest of minimizing tuning time (and relay wear and tear). If the match is less than 1.3:1 or so, tuning will be declared adequate and will be stopped.

Since the typical driving transceiver can tolerate an SWR of at least 2:1 without power foldback or damage, setting that 1.3:1 limit is reasonable - unless you are a 'purest' and mentally can only tolerate a 1:1 SWR (big grin).

73,
Don W3FPR