A widow approached our club wanting help in disposing of her SK husband's Collins and Drake equipment. I said I would test them to see how well they worked. I brought them up using a Variac and tried them into dummy loads and on the air. She handled the sales via ebay etc.

Believe me, the chance to play with that equipment was more than enough compensation. She insisted I take some of the pieces, so I have a Schurr paddle connected to my K3 and a Collins phone patch waiting to be connected.

I'm happy and would do it again. I think she is happy too.

73 Bill AE6JV