I occasionally see a wee bit of overshoot as seen on my KPA500. I'm driving it from my K3S at about 20 watts for about 400 watts out on SSB.  Occasionally I'll see a 450 or 500 watt indication on the LED bargraph.  The KPA500 doesn't seem to mind.

If I set the drive power to 20 watts CW mode, I never see any overshoot.

There is a TXG VCE menu item in the CONFIG menu.   Check the value of this.  It balances voice transmit peak power in relation to CW peak power.  See page 67 of the manual.

73

Bob, K4TAX