I see TX power overshoot when there is too much audio drive.  The 5th bar
should be flashing not solid on the ALC meter.  Also, do a TX GAIN
calibration procedure from the K3 Utility.

My KPA500 has endured some massive peak power overshoots without
destruction (1200w) before I readjusted things.  I also use an LP-100, and
it seems to have an extremely sensitive peak mode.

73 Eric WD6DBM