David Gilbert wrote
> Yes, I agree that the computation needs to be done in the frequency
> domain with an FFT.  I have no clue whether or not the K3 and K3s have
> enough computational power to do so, but Lyle (Elecraft's DSP guru)
> briefly discussed this idea with me when I suggested it several years
> ago and he seemed to think it might be feasible.  At the time the K3
> synths wouldn't preserve lock when you changed frequency so it wouldn't
> have been very practical back then, but the new synths are fed by the
> same oscillator now.

You asked a good question Dave.  I recall Lyle telling me the same years ago
(where is Lyle anyway...buried in K4 firmware?).  I've used the NCC-1,
MFJ-1025 and ANC-4 over the years to phase parallel staggered Beverages.
This is probably beyond the processor in the K3 but it remains a good idea
to investigate for the K4.  The downside to phasing two identical antennas
internally is that you must give up diversity.  Using the NCC-1 output for
one input to the K3 diversity and a different antenna for the other allows
both simultaneously (but for two different purposes).

I'm afraid the market for users who want to do this sort of thing may be
small, but clearly there is a decent market for noise canceling devices.
BTW noise canceling boxes ONLY work well for canceling a single local noise
source which requires a nearby sense antenna for one input (groundwave only
since propagation introduces constantly shifting relative phase changes).

73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  The bottom 2 plots in the link below show what can be done by phasing
two parallel staggered Beverages:
http://users.vnet.net/btippett/new_page_10.htm

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/