Good Evening,

   Both bands were crystal clear and quiet.  But neither were very productive.  The inclement weather of the Midwest may be part of it.  Even Central California was getting its share. Thunderstorms and a tornado.  Things are quieter here but it has been steadily raining for the last ?? days.  It becomes normal after a while so I use it to my advantage.  Get ready for the rainy season then spend it affixed to a keyboard.

   Ken had the coolest temperature on both bands.  He mentioned more snow is coming but it is January and he lives in North Dakota; there is no mystery involved.  Dave told me of white out conditions but only a few inches of snow from it.  Roy also had snow, enough to get his snowblower active.  However, when Mike mentioned ice on his antennas I shivered.  Snow is fine.  Rain is OK.  Ice is bad.  But I think hearing about a tornado in Central California was the most surprising.

  On 14049.5 kHz at 2200z:

W0CZ - Ken - ND    4 degrees and sunny

K6XK - Roy - IA    6 degrees

K4TO - Dave - KY   16 degrees and sunny

  On 7047 kHz at 0000z:

W0CZ - Ken - ND     0 degrees

K4TO - Dave - KY

K6PJV - Dale - CA     Thunderstorms and a Tornado

K0DTJ - Brian - CA   53 degrees and breezy

AB9V - Mike - IN     10 degrees ice then 4" snow

   Until next week, stay well and stay warm,

      Kevin.  KD5ONS

_