Good Evening,

    Compared to last week Fargo, North Dakota is undergoing a heat wave.  It's up to 0 degrees Fahrenheit :)  Iowa has dense fog and sauna-like temperatures in the mid 40s.  My brother in SW Wisconsin reported a flood just west of his barn.  His Mangalitsa and mulefoot pigs are fine as are the Belgians.  The chickens are staying inside laying eggs.  Around here the snow has started again.

   Both bands had slow QSB but forty meters had some fast flutter too.  Propagation keeps improving week by week.  Oh what the sun can do when it's not set all the time.  The steady hissing noise was less too.  Reading on spaceweather.com I find we're leaving the latest stream of solar wind.

  On 14049.5 kHz at 2200z:

W0CZ - Ken - ND

NO8V - John - MI

K6XK - Roy - IA

K4JPN - Steve - GA

K4TO - Dave - KY

AB9V - Mike - IN

  On 7047 kHz at 0000z:

WM5F - Dwight - ID

K6XK - Roy - IA

W6JHB - Jim - CA

KG7V - Marv - WA

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

W0CZ - Ken - ND

KC6???

   Now it's time to see if the snow is sticking.  It has been falling since a few minutes into the 20 meter net.  Large flakes which were melting as fast as they hit.  The initial forecast was not correct.  Now only 2 inches are predicted.  No big deal unless you're in Portland.  There it turns into ice so you can skate your way down main street.  Even though I am well trained at winter driving I stay out of their way.  Safer that way :)

   Until next week 73,

      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-