I'm experimenting with portable antennas at the moment for my KX3 and,
rather than cut the 80m legs of my link dipole to get an antenna that
resonates on 60m, I've experimented with running it off centre. I've found
what looks like resonance at the right frequency range, based on low return
loss.

http://m0rjc.me.uk/screenshot_20190411-132334/

The problem is, that impedance is low. I guess it's being transformed down
by the 10m of feed line, as normal wisdom for an off-centre feed is high
impedance due to the lower currents and higher voltages towards the ends of
a half wave antenna. Considering a velocity factor of 0.66 that feed line
is about 1/4 wavelength long!

Presumably the KXAT-3 will tune this, but do I lose efficiency by having
what would be higher currents in its circuitry?

 - Richard