I don’t use a Signalink or any external device beyond the PC to operate FT8 on
my K3s.

Maybe it's a K3s option (I just can’t remember if it was included or not) but
the K3s USB I have enables rig control and also presents the K3s  internal
sound card to my PC.

Just configure WSJT-X to use those two USB devices …..no SIgnalink needed.

Paul
W6PNG/M0SNA
www.nomadic.com