Took me over week to check this, but power is the same whether Tune or
Tune/Display — 100 watts!

So, the suspects are likely D16 & D17.

Fortunately, the last time I replaced them I put in a couple of pins from a
machined pin socket, so it should be an easy job.

I’ve had to replace U6 before as well. I think I have a socket there, too.

> On May 4, 2019, at 12:11 AM, Don Wilhelm <donw...@embarqmail.com> wrote:
>
> Bill,
>
> Set the power at 50 watts and do a TUNE.
> Is the output power at 20 to 25 watts?  If so, so far so good.
> Now try a TUNE/DISPLAY (hold both buttons at once).  Is the power near 50
> watts?  If so, you have proper power control and the problem is with the LED
> display.
>
> OTOH, if the actual power in both cases above goes to 100 watts or more, then
> the first step is to replace KPA100 D16 and D17.  If that does not fix
> things, there is likely another problem in the KPA100 wattmeter, likely
> KPA100 U6 - but get back with the information before replacing it, there are
> more tests to verify or deny that possibility.
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR
>
> On 5/3/2019 10:25 PM, Bill Coleman wrote:
>> I’ve recently seem a problem with my K2/100. It transmits ok, and the power
>> level out tracks the power control, but the power indication LEDs remain at
>> zero.
>> No, I’m not in ALC mode, I’m definitely in RF mode for the meter.
>> I’m using an external wattmeter (a Kenwood AT-250 in passthrough mode), and
>> can definitely see 100 watts being transmitted.
>> I’m thinking that maybe D16 and D17 may have been fried. Is that a good
>> guess?

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa...@arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901