My understanding is that the K4 front panel and the K4 guts (the radio
proper) are each *separate computers* that talk to each other over
Ethernet. The radio computer can accept multiple, concurrent connections
from front panels, tablets, and other computers, either on a local network
or across the Internet. That's what they demonstrated at Dayton - an
operational K4 being simultaneously controlled by its own front panel,
another K4, and a tablet. I don't know if any of this required
collaboration with microBit (RemoteRig), but those RRC boxes are definitely
out of the picture. The big bennie for me out of all this is that I will be
able *eventually* to set up my remote station once and access it locally,
from a K4/0 at my other QTH, or from my laptop when traveling. I say
"eventually" because the K4/0 will be released significantly later. They've
also mentioned supporting the K*Pod external knob from the laptop/tablet
implementations, thereby providing that all-important "big knob" for VFO
tuning. Sounds great; eager to get my hands on it!

73,

/Rick N6XI
--

Rick Tavan