I'm not sure what your question is, can you restate it?

Each of the memories can be programmed so that both VFO (and mode for each if I recall, been some years) are set, in this case one VFO for USB/FT8 and the other for CW, with their specific frequencies as required.

Then you would simply use the A/B for the mode choice of the moment and tap mode if you want DATA A from USB for example.

To change channels, recall another memory slot; correct the mode if needed.

I went a slightly different route, using ten memories, I have each channel programmed for a specific mode, "1 CW", "1 USB" etc.  then if data, remember that the USB channel is used, but switch to DATA mode.

It would be FAR simpler in the US if the BAND was permitted (as other countries allow), not limited to specific frequencies and that would also allow simpler contact with other that have different channel requirements (yeah, it's become a DX band, duh).

Rick nhc

PS The dual VFO programming in one memory simplifies programming of say, 6M repeaters where the offset is not a constant (i.e. -500 kHz in CA but -1700 kHz in Idaho).