That's essentially what I did, but with KX3/PX3. I have a lovely 3.5mm to
2.5mm cable running from the PX3 IQ output to a spare mike in jack on my
PC. I had to do some weird jiggery-pokery with default sound devices to get
it to work because Win4K3Suite uses some of the same (or related) code
that's also in WSJT-X and other code derived from it, that doesn't play
nicely with Windows 7 64-bit. None of those programs will "see" my correct
microphone list, though other unrelated programs DO. Those programs only
see a pair of old entries that haven't been on my machine in years. I have
to trick them to see the devices I want, through setting default devices
and using VB-Audio's Voicemeeter virtual mixer program.

But when I DO get every tab A in the right slot B, I can set Win4K3Suite to
look to that spare mike jack for its spectrum scope source. Works great!

I've asked (begged) the authors of the various programs to PLEASE do
something about their operation with Windows 7, but I only get shrugs and
sometimes rude demands that I simply "upgrade to Windows 10, that works".
Seeing the *correct* list of enumerated input device drivers should NOT be
something I have to upgrade my operating system to get, when I only get the
problem with a very small number of specialized programs.  *sigh...*

73,
Gwen, NG3P

--

-+-+-+-+-