Gwen

You might not like it but from Microsoft’s web site W7 goes end of life Jan
2020 (i.e. 6 months from now) after which no security patches will be made
available.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsforbusiness/end-of-windows-7-support

A patched OS is really a good thing to have and you really might want to bite
the bullet……

All this probably explains why you get shrugs and requests to upgrade.

Paul
W6PNG/M0SNA
www.nomadic.com