The issue with oversizing it is (for the energy conscious) a linear supply demands more, ALL the time (it's inefficient with energy).

In some places it matters because of the KwH costs.  pennies turn into dollars.

(Not here, I was used to the higher prices and after I moved here, I just stopped caring because the costs were 1/3 or less. I've even been known to <gasp> run the air conditioner here!)

Rick nhc