<FWIW>  I had an Yaesu satellite-capable HF/VHF/UHF radio for quite awhile [FT-847??] that had a spring-loaded ring around the main tuning knob that would QSY faster the more you turned it.  Yaesu called it the "Jog Ring" or something like that.  Despite how good the concept sounds, I found it worse than useless ... it really [really] got in the way of using the radio. </FWIW>

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County