Jim,

Excellent and comprehensive info on your website! Everyone should take a look
at it.

In my setup, the power supplies for the KX3, Raspberry Pi and powered speakers
are the typical 2-wire, no ground, switching supply in a plastic case, so
ground potential is established through the audio interconnect. The rig and
computer connect only through the USB ports for the USB serial adapter and the
USB audio interface. After a little experimentation, I realized The “hum” I was
hearing was RF getting into the powered speakers on transmit with the antenna I
close proximity to the KX3. Moving the antenna away from the rig resolved the
issue.

This is a little off-topic, but may be of interest to the audio geeks on the
list...
I worked in TV engineering here in Nashville for many years, and we dealt with
a lot of music recorded in big studios, and thus long cable runs and a lot of
channels of audio. It was all analog in the early days and several audio
engineering luminaries helped me immensely. One was Allen Burdick of Benchmark
Media Systems. His “Clean Audio Installation Guide” is still indispensable:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0321/7609/files/caig.pdf

Deane Jensen of Jensen Transformers fame and his protégé, Bill Whitlock, were
two others:
https://www.jhbrandt.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Design_of_High-Performance_Balanced_Audio_Interfaces.pdf

And a local genius, Dave Harrison, who designed an built the legendary Harrison
Consoles that we used extensively:
https://harrisonconsoles.com/site/history.html

73,
     Mike, W8NWA