The KPA500 offers a minimum fan speed setting which is settable by menu or
serial command.  Some posters have advocated setting a minimum fan speed higher
than zero, presumably thinking it offers some advantage in thermal management.

Does anyone have any hard data that shows that the KPA500 runs cooler, or with
lower peak fan speed, when minimum fan speed is set above zero.

Running a rigorous test may not be easy since it would seem to require the same
ambient temperature, same finals starting temperature, same TX periods, and
same antenna system load.

I'm curious because, before CQ-WW-RTTY I configured my KPA500 to set min fan
speed to 1 at start of TX and reset min speed to zero 30 seconds after stop of
TX.  Of course the fans ran faster than min speed during TX but I don't have
any feel for whether the higher speeds were any more protracted than before the
min speed change.

Please share you experience of using min fan speed greater than zero, and any
data if you have it.

73,
Andy, k3wyc