Thanks to everyone who contributed their experience of operating with min fan
speed set above 0.

I have some ideas for a test series and I'll share anything I learn from it.

Here is a teaser for those interested in KPA500 thermal management.  Did you
know that, for a KPA500 that has not transmitted for a long time, the Z bracket
is hotter than the heat sink and the heat sink is hotter than the finals.  For
that condition the heat flow is from the Z bracket, into the heat sink, and
then it heats the finals.  The heat flow reversed during TX as the finals heat
up.

73,
Andy, k3wyc