watt power amp.
Photo on my web-site k5dnl dot com

Thanks 73 Ken K5DNL
    On Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 10:52:18 AM CDT, Kevin Cozens
<ke...@ve3syb.ca> wrote:

 On 2019-10-09 3:03 a.m., Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP wrote:
> I don't know, Don. If he installs the KPA100 the lack of temperature
> stability will be a serious issue, at least for digital modes. My experience
> was that before installing the temperature compensation mod, the drift was
> unacceptable even on CW. This was not a problem before the additional heat
> generated by the KPA100.

If Randy would like to keep the K2 the Temperature Compensated PLL Reference
Upgrade Kit (item #E850138 for $24.95) is still listed on the order form for
K2 Revision A to B Upgrade page.

The information for that mod also suggests installation of the BFO mod kit
(item BFOMDKT for $10.95) and a firmware update if the K2 has a firmware
version less than v2.0.

Those are relatively inexpensive upgrades and worth doing to improve the K2
if Randy doesn't want to go the full A/B upgrade path right away. I don't
know which would be a better investment between the K2 and the 7300 as I
know nothing about the 7300. One other thought to consider is the difference
between having a radio you can fix yourself vs. one where you have to send
it away to get fixed should something break.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>    |            --Chris Hardwick

Message delivered to kwrober...@yahoo.com