Thanks to all for your well considered replies, both on and off line. I had
pretty much decided to do the Rev A/B mod to my K2 and keep it for QRP and the
5th Wheel and purchase the 7300 for the base station.

Then, one of our members offered a KPA-100/KAT-100 in an EC-2 enclosure at a
very reasonable price. After much consideration, I’ve decided to upgrade the K2
and purchase the EC-2 unit. Just seems to work best for my situation and chosen
modes.

Thanks once again to all for being a great sounding board!

73,

Randy, NB7E