I don't do field day. I've been using monoband dipoles so far for portable
operations due to cost and weight constraints. They work incredibly well,
and I hope to go out with a high Q antenna for 30m and a long pole to try
end fed vertical. (My long pole seems stuck in the post! Courier emailed.).
That said, an antenna which really should be 30m only due to its resonant
matching circuit can be operated on neighbouring bands using the KX3's
tuner. I've had contacts over reasonable distance on 40m with it.

The multiband antennae seem attractive for things like SOTA and single
station operation. At the moment I need to drop my antenna and change links
around to change band. It doesn't take too long to be fair. I'll experiment
with a multiband off centre fed antenna which, even if it ends up too heavy
to carry up a mountain, could make a useful home station antenna. At the
moment my portable setup is set up in the garden but I wonder how well the
home made antenna will stand up to our increasingly winter weather.

 - Richard