Curiosity is getting the best of me --
If the built-in protection works well, why do you need more protection?
If the belt works OK, then why add suspenders as well?

If you are operating a K3 or K3S, there is a per band power level that can be used. It will automatically use the settings for the amplifier when the KPA500 is set to operate. That can be considered your 2nd level of protection and it guards against "fumble fingers"

73,
Don W3FPR