I find it interesting where it is stated  "I have developed a loud hum........" which would imply the hum did not exist prior to this point of observation.   That being the case, then one must ask "Ok so what has changed, been added or removed?".   If it wasn't there before and nothing has been changed, then why is it there now?    Something has failed, connections have corroded or broken, PL-259's is not tight, coax jumper has failed due to movement.  Thus I would suggest one find the problem and correct the problem.   I see no value and no point in adding to or re-designing a system which previously worked correctly.

Now, if something was indeed  added, removed or changed, that opens up another area for investigation.   What was not done correctly to accommodate the new configuration?

Jim, K9YC has some good points on bonding, grounding and proper use of chokes.

73

Bob, K4TAX