On 4/5/2020 9:06 PM, David Christ wrote:
That I understand but if the ground from the entrance breaker panel to a water
pipe from the street is 30 feet long, can it radiate interference to AM radios
near it (both AC and bat

Any conductor carrying RF current WILL radiate it. That's antenna action. The "hum" and "buzz" described in my earlier post are NOT RF, they are baseband (60 Hz and harmonics).

The mechanism whereby a coax feedline is carrying RF current into our shack producing hum is that the current couples into electronics (usually by a Pin One Problem) and changes the bias state of some gain stage.

73, Jim K9YC