That is exactly what appears to be happening.  Heavy cable starts at service
panel, proceeds into floor slab of garage which I assume is acting as Ufer
ground.  What appears to be the same cable emerges from the other side of the
slab and connects to the water system.  I think that it is fair to assume that
that the cable emerging from the slab is also connected to the Ufer ground thus
bonding the water system to the service system ground.  This is one of those
things that is difficult to unambiguously describe with words but so easily
described with a very simple drawing.

I have do doubts that the system was properly designed and safe.  But we are
getting off the question that I had about RFI.  On 3/4/2020 K9YC discussed
triplen harmonics in ground systems (I may not be stating it properly).   The
question is then “Could triplen currents in the power ground system as
described be causing the interference I experience when entering my garage?”
or is there another explanation for the RFI?

I repeat the description

The AM radio in the car works fine in the driveway, but as soon as one starts
to enter the garage, reception is covered up by a loud growl of static.  Radios
in a room adjacent to the garage and over the cable in the basement below also
have a problem while AM radios at the other end of the house are fine.

David K0LUM