I didn’t know about Dick Bash’s “The Final Exam” series at the time, but they
are in The Internet Archive. If you have a question about what was on the exam
in 1981, these probably have the answer.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=final%20exam%20bash

There are other license manuals there, too, from ARRL, Ameco, and Gordon West.
The 1933 ARRL manual is the earliest.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=amateur%20license%20manual

wunder
K6WRU