The FCC question pool was always published by the Government Printing Office. There were no answers though. All the study guides of the day were based on that pool including the ARRL License Manual.

Except for the Novice exam, I took General (Boston), Advanced and Extra (Long Beach) at FCC offices. When I took the Novice exam in 1957, my dad was Exec Officer for the 4th Regimental Combat Team at Fort Devens, MA. He found a PFC/ham within the ranks who administered the code exam. The PFC was shaking more than I was. I don't think he wanted to fail me. They were on bivouac at the time so I took it in the guy's squad tent sitting on his locker with a J-38 strapped to my leg. FCC field offices were nicer.

Eric KE6US