Interesting that Heil is not represented commercially. I believe that Bob Heil invented the talk box that Peter Frampton made famous. I use a Sony MDR-7506 for RTTY and CW but I do use a Heil ProSet IC for SSB.

John KK9A

Jim Brown K9YC wrote:

Heil products are an example of better sound through marketing. They're
more expensive because they spend a lot of money on advertising to
convince hams they're worth it. They also claim to make pro mics. I've
been a member of the AES Standards Committee WG on microphones for more
than 25 years, in which virtually all major microphone companies are
represented. No one from the company is listed as a member, and I've
never met Bob Heil or anyone from his company. Hams seem to think that
because he did sound for a major rock band that his mics were good.

73, Jim K9YC