From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Adrian
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2020 10:13 AM
To: Alan - G4GNX <g4...@g4gnx.com>; Elecraft Reflector
<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] NOT the feedline

If you use a decent combination balun such as ;
https://www.balundesigns.com/model-4116-4-1-hybrid-balun-1-5-54mhz-3kw/
if you have any metal structure in range of the field, or

https://www.balundesigns.com/model-4115ocf-4-1-for-ocf-dipoles-1-5-54-mhz-5k
w/
for a total current 4:1 balun. These are very robust at high power, and no
other feedpoint RF common mode choke is required.

I ran a K3 , amp and ocf dipole like this, with above balun earlier this
decade with great success, had top 4a4a dxpedition total band vk points with
this one antenna. Also the windom and ocf are different animals.

The true windom uses the vertical section of its feedline as part of the
antenna, such that any ocf dipole with a feedpoint common mode choke cannot
be referred to as a 'windom'

Adrian Fewster

delivered to li...@w2irt.net