From: "Jim Brown" <j...@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: 05/06/2020 19:02:23
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 Dead

On 6/5/2020 9:33 AM, Alan - G4GNX wrote:
Unless you really know what you're doing, then you should not remove the lid.
Fault finding could easily result in the need to power up and expose yourself
to many hidden dangers.

Ummm -- we're hams, and are supposed to have at least some technical
background. If we can't open up a product like one of the Elecraft rigs and at
least look around we ought to send our boxtop license back to the government
agency that issued it. That doesn't mean that we should attempt circuit board
level troubleshooting.

Elecraft sells most of their products as kits that require minimal assembly of
pre-tested circuit boards and other components. I built two K3s, a KX3, two P3s
with SVGA boards, and a KPA500. The KPA1500 is not available as a kit.

73, Jim K9YC