IF it were me, I would run two NEW, 10GA or better high strand count wires (twisted by hand or drill) from the battery to the cabin with appropriate fuses in BOTH POS and NEG lines, and the Anderson PP connector on the end. Ideally, I would also put a SPST switch in the POS (my pref), or a DPST switch across both leads so that I could turn the power off there for connection purposes (optional).

This gives you the ability to 1) power the K3 with Key off, engine off if desired, and 2) gives you a big, shortest run dedicated to the radio. Additionally, it gives you a twisted pair, AND the ability to put chokes wherever you might need them to quiet down the power source from possible noise from the vehicle.

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
(318) 518-1389