I'd definitely expect the chassis ground to have a low impedance connection to the negative power supply rail, and normally that would be a DC connection. Without it the screening of internal circuitry would be less effective.

The K2 definitely has a DC path from supply negative to the case.

I'd also expect any power supply large enough to require a ground connection, and eventually have exposed voltage output rails, to have ground connected to one. Without that, capacitive leakage can generate a significant electric shock hazard, or even cause damage when the powered equipment is being interconnected with equipment on another power supply.

If the safety earth rises significantly above that of other conducting items during a fault, there is a defect in earth bonding in the installation as a whole, that needs urgent rectification.

--
David Woolley
Owner K2 06123.