The Creek Fire was burning through forests that were 80-90% bark beetle kill
in mountain wilderness. It is simply not possible to “thin” that. From 2014 to
2018,
the number of dead trees in California increased from 11 million to 147 million.

Anyone who thinks there is a simple solution needs to think some more.

If you want to help, I already know of five Scout camps with major damage,
one in our council, near Big Basin. They will all need donations to rebuild.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood
Radio Scouting Chair, Pacific Skyline Council
CM87wj
http://observer.wunderwood.org/ (my blog)