On the subject of RED LED Headlamps, I have a Energizer - it has two red LED's + three white (variable brightness) that cam be selected.  I picked it up at Walmart a few years back.  It was in the $10 - $20 range, I think it was $13..  (cost may be more now).  3xAAA batteries. I don't find a model number.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Energizer-Vision-HD-350-Lumen-LED-Headlamp-Includes-Batteries/47327204 Looks like $17 now

https://www.energizer.com/lighting/headlights

73, steve WB3LGC