I agree, Dick - power settings per band are fine.  The issue is power settings per band and  per matching solution

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

On 10/16/2020 11:01 PM, Dick Dievendorff wrote:
Your K3 stores the power settings. The amp reports when it goes in and out of
OPER and the K3 (and K4) store two power settings per band, one for the amp in
STBY, another for amp in OPER. You adjust these levels at the exciter, and
they’re retained for recall on band switch and power off/on. Mine are typically
100w for amp in STBY and 25-35w for amp in OPER. I’m primarily a CW guy, but in
digital modes I often drop down to see who I can reach with good antennas and
little power.

There are K3 and K4 menu choices for “Per band power” to enable this.

73 de Dick, K6KR