On Jul 11, 2006, at 8:58 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm looking at Begali paddles. I'm used to dual paddles (Bencher, etc), but never use the iambic feature, and don't intend to in the future. I have never used a single paddle, and wonder if it would be very different from a dual?? Is the single more conducive to making sending errors? (I make too many with a dual)

One guy on eham said it was hard to get the Simplex tuned in just right. He said it was because he uses very close contact spacing. Anyone out there who has used a Simplex single and care to comment?

I have been using a Bengali Simplex (dual paddles) for about 3 years (I never got comfortable with iambic operation either). I like the feel much better than my Bencher. Although the construction is quite different, the feel is quite similar to a Brown Brothers paddle. I use fairly close spacing. The single paddle Simplex wasn't available when I bought mine, but that looks like a good paddle also.

73 - Bob, N7XY