Did an A/B comparison of QSK between the K2 and my Yaesu 1KMP that I have owned for many years. To give Yaesu all the advantage I could, I set the delays to zero, no linear, set the linear switch to off (it affects the timing), and turned on the DSP. The received audio on the Yaesu was horrible compared to the K2. While the K2 was smooth, almost as if I did not have breakin turned on, the Yaesu audio was full of low frequency thumps and distortion so much so that it made it hard to copy well between morse elements. I was transmitting at around 35wpm. I was using cascaded 500Hz filters on the Yaesu and the K2 filter was at the 400Hz setting. I also have the INRAD roofing filter installed on the Yaesu.

Yaesu: fully loaded with all crystal filers and the roofing filter
K2: Stock with KDSP2

But, I guess that the people on this list already know this!

I bought the K2 to use primarily as an IF rig for VHF and up. I was planning to use the Yaesu for all HF contesting. I am now changing my mind. I just ordered the KPA100/KAT100 combo. I mostly do LP, CW contesting. The K2 seems ideal.

Raj, N2RD