I did take a Mechanical Drawing class in High School.  It was of some use in my EE classes in college, but mostly drawing lines for schematics at that time (1960 era) - a straightedge and a compass or plastic template for making circles (remember tubes) was all that was needed at that time.  We graduated to transistors in my senior year.

Those HS class skills were mainly unused for many years until I took an early retirement and started a custom woodworking shop. Then those skills gave me the ability to sit down with a customer and sketch out what they wanted in a perspective image, making changes until the customer and I were satisfied about what they wanted me to build.

73,
Don W3FPR